Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've been a little distracted...



Woops!  Totally been neglecting my blog and off doing random things like

a) Having fun at my internship and related tasks

b) Stalking other bloggers 

c) Googling various stuff like, what I'm going to wear on my birthday, lacy and body con apparel and Lou Doillon.

d) Organizing my birthday party

e) Reading 

Here are some of the things that might interest you:



Although not an entire fan, or even a tiny fan of L.A, this blog has me thinking that maybe people in L.A are not so unnormal.  A lifestyle blog, that has a lot of focus on pop culture, what's going down in L.A and fashion.  Bear, the author, is fantastic at gathering tidbits of interesting and non offensive information- which is so uncommon lately.  Is it just me growing closer to not being in my twenties, or has everyone decided that sharing your sex life online and misogyny is back in fashion?  Because I'm Addicted won't be taking a photo of you secretly and criticizing you anytime soon.  (hopefully) http://becauseimaddicted.net/




An oldie but a goodie, Facehunter has been getting me all hot and bothered of late.  I do feel that our dear FH is bordering on being a little too much like The Sartorialist (I mean, we already have one of him), but never mind.  I remember watching an interview on him and if you haven't figured it out yet by all his postings, he does work seven days a week!!  Worth a click almost every day in my opinion.




Lacy 
Most us have clearly been feeling the revival of nineties clothing, I have been on the fence with most options that have taken center stage.  Until I noticed lacy numbers beyond lingerie making an appearance.  We are not talking the camis of faded colors of the past that Urban Outfitters were selling at three for $1.  More vintage rather than vegan hippie.  More Desperately Seeking Susan rather than peace march protester.






Body Con
Do we go super loose or super tight?  That is the million dollar question. When the term Body Con starting popping up everywhere, I was thinking everyone was in on a secret new label that was so cool, only the hottest people were in the know. But one day, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it means: Body Conscious.  To put it mildly, you actually have to be pretty hot to pull this one off, or at least think you are.  Some days, I am the latter. (Let me live!)









Also wanted to mentioned have been pleasantly surprised with my new comments! Thank you and keep them coming!



Photos from http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6338334, www.style.com, www.imdb.com, www.fashiontoast.com, www.americanapparel.net

No comments: