Friday, February 29, 2008

Kelly Smith

Not since turning the pages of my first Lula magazine, have I been in such a flurry of internal swooning. Kelly Smith's delicately gorgeous illustrations of model turned nymphs have received some press here in the states as well as her home country in Australia. I have noticed a new wave of fashion illustrations in a few magazines that have not been your average, but Smith's work seems to capture an aesthetic many girly girls are embracing and being inspired by right now.

The general echo of her work renders a sensuality, not even the original photograph it may have been inspired by could convey, as her pieces add another thoughtful dimension. Because of my discovery of Kelly Smith's illustrations, I can only thank her for making my sunny Friday afternoon, that much more prettier.

http://www.myspace.com/little_red_rider
www.birdyandme.com.au









No comments: